CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, 27 February 2012

Cupcake Card

Well what a wonderfully wet Monday I have woken up to today! It is still hot and humid but it is so good to hear the rain. It's a perfect day to stay inside with my bubba and do some crafting whilst she sleeps. I must remember to fit in some house work somewhere though...

Here's a cute birthday card I made for a friend over the weekend. It features a tea time topper - designed by Dawn Bibby (my papercraft hero) and some cute Craftwork Cards card candy. The ribbon I actually recycled from one of my tops. You know how you often get ribbon stitched into the shoulders of new tops to help them stay on coat hangers? Well, I always cut the ribbon out so I can use ít in my card designs. I have a whole bag full of little cut-offs, which are often the perfect colour and length for cardmaking.

I've included a materials list and method for creating this card below.


MATERIALS

Topper: Dawn Bibby tea time
Card: White pearlised card
Paper: American Crafts chocolate weave, Kanban chic dots pink
Ink pads: Versa Magic Chalk Ink in white and sahara sand
Tools:  Fiskars border punch and paper trimmer
Adhesives: Double-sided tape and foam pads
Other: Craftwork Cards card candy in chocolate and marshmallow, chocolate coloured ribbon


METHOD

1. Cut white pearlised card to 150mm (w) x 155mm (l), chocolate weave paper to 115mm x 155mm and two pieces of chic dots paper to 35mm x 155mm.

2. Apply white Versa Magic Chalk Ink to the edges of the chocolate weave paper, and sahara sand ink to both pieces of chic dots paper.

3. Punch one edge of each piece of paper and adhere to the white pearlised card as shown.

4. Cut a length of the ribbon and tie it around the topper about 1/3 from the bottom. Fix the topper to the centre of the card using foam pads.

5. Finish the card with a bow to the top left hand corner and affix one chocolate and two marshmallow candy card to the right hand side of the card using small foam pads.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm stormy weather here but no rain, I have headache which sometimes get with this sort of oppressive weather - but still going :D cant stop cos of that - love this wee card and so glad you have some time to create with your bubba asleep too! and looking forward to designing together in days to come - have great week Vicky! Shaz in oz.x
    PS meant to say save those ribbons too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your cute card Vicky - thanks for your comments on mine. I haven't really timed myself much but it probably takes about 2 or 3 hours to make these cards. I do it while I'm watching TV at night - I hate just sitting. Looking forward to seeing more of your work soon - cheers Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card - I could just eat some cake... mmmm x

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the off chance that you need cash promptly, this can be an extremely advantageous alternative. Be that as it may, you ought to be mindful that Visa advances are regularly subject to higher interest rates that general buys.
    www.onlinenocreditcheckloans.co.uk

    ReplyDelete