Hello! Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, I have been busy working on a couple of designs using the gorgeous animal stamps by Kanban and trying my hand at colouring using Copic markers. Here is a card I just completed featuring a cute elephant stamp. If you'd like to make this card yourself I have included a materials list and method below.
Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Kanban elephant, birthday wishes
Bella! 140 x 280mm 250gsm white cardstock, X-Press It blender card, white and pale pink pearlised card
Fancy Pants Designs Beach Babe lemonade, Bazzill pale blue, candy pink and bright green, coordinating striped paper
Ink pads: Versa Colour in black, Versa Magic Chalk Ink in pixie dust and aspen mist, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in antique linen
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities labels 1, Provo Craft Baby Face Visage Poupin flower dies, Marianne Design Creatables Christmas Swedish ice star, Couture Creations embossing folder swiss dots, Stamp-It sponging block
Adhesives: Double-sided tape, foam pads, craft glue
Other: Ranger Stickles star dust, Derivan Kindy Glitz pink, Ranger Glossy Accents in clear, American Crafts Galaxy Marker in white, Copic markers in various colours
1. Cut lemonade paper to 75mm x 133mm, candy pink paper to 57mm x 133mm and striped paper to 15mm x 133mm.
2. Apply antique linen ink to all the edges using the sponging block.
3. Cut pale blue card to 137mm x 137mm and ink the edges using a crimson marker. Lightly tack the larger two pieces onto the blue card then add the thin strip over the join. Secure it all on the folded white card.
4. Stamp the elephant on blender card using black ink and colour the elephant with markers. Add flicks of grass with green markers in an upwards motion. Add pink dots for wild flowers.
5. Cut the image out with Spellbinders labels 1 die. Apply pixie dust chalk ink to the edges and lightly blend aspen mist chalk ink in the sky area using the sponging block. Apply clear glossy accent to the elephant’s eyes, tail, flower and toes.
6. Lightly apply pixie dust chalk ink on blender card. Stamp birthday wishes sentiment onto blender card, trim around the sentiment and mat it on white card leaving a 2mm border. Ink the edges of the white card using a crimson marker and apply star dust Stickles to the white border. Dot around the edges of the sentiment using white Galaxy Marker.
7. Stick both pieces on the card front with double-sided tape.
8. Die cut one large flower out of lemonade paper and two smaller flowers out of white and pale pink pearlised card using the Baby Face Visage Poupin flower dies. Ink the edges of the large flower using a crimson marker. Die cut one Christmas Swedish ice star out of bright green card and apply white dots using a white Galaxy Marker. Arrange the flowers and ice star as shown using foam pads. Apply star dust Stickles to the smaller flowers and curl the edges of the large flower.
Baby wipes are great for cleaning ink from stamps!