CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, 9 February 2012

Girls Photo Board



This is a photo board that I made for my baby daughter recently. It was really quite simple to make and can obviously be made for a boy using different embellishments/colours.

Here's how I made it...

I took a blank canvas and added some small wall art sticker across the bottom (continuing an existing wall art theme in her bedroom).

I printed out the letters of her name onto white card and die cut each letter using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8.

Each letter was then mounted onto colour coordinated patterned paper which had been die cut using the same Label template in a slightly larger size.

A 3cm wide pale pink ribbon and a 1cm wide darker pink ribbon was mounted underneath the letters (secured with tape at the back) and four miniature pegs were attached to the ribbon to clip photographs to. 

These photo boards look pretty with a light coating of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the canvas (it's best to apply the Glimmer Mist before adding your embellishments). Whilst I didn't use the Glimmer Mist on this particular canvas I have in the past used Iridescent Gold, which adds a pretty sparkle to the canvas.

Now I just need to add some photos! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky, thanks for visiting my blog :-) and of course for your lovely comments. Making your own flowers is fairly easy, you must try it!
    One of my favourite colours in the Glimmer Mist Series is 'gold'.... your canvas is lovely, could see these being very popular with new babies.

    ReplyDelete