CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, 17 May 2012

Cardmaking Online - Lacé Dots Rosette Card


My latest project on behalf of Cardmaking Online features the Lacé Dots Rosette cut and emboss template which when used with double-sided paper, creates a beautiful topper suitable for any project. There are a number of Lacé dies which offer a slightly different result to the one I've used but what I love about them is that they are so easy to use and yet the end result looks like it was a bit tricky to achieve!


The Lacé dies can be used with any die-cutting machine, I used my Cuttlebug and plates A, C & B. I then embossed the die-cut rosette by processing it through the machine again with an embossing tan mat. You can just about see the embossed dots on the black spotted paper - I'm sure the dots would be more visible on a lighter paper, but I liked the contrast of the black and white in my design.

To complete the rosette I simply folded back each '<' shape to the right (to expose the reverse side of the paper) then hooked it under the next piece, and so on. I mounted my rosette onto red card so that it would be easy to see the reverse side of the paper. I embossed the red card with my dots embossing folder to continue the spotted theme.


 

In the centre of the rosette I foam-mounted a die-cut butterfly decorated with stardust Stickles. Some silver peel-off mini ornament stickers and a silver peel-off greeting complete the card.

SUPPLIES
Cottage Cutz Die - Butterflies
Provo Craft Die - Small Circles (3.8 mm diameter)
Ranger Stickles - Stardust
American Crafts Galaxy Marker - White Paint-Like Ink
Black/White Dotted Paper - 130 mm x 130 mm
Red Card - 115 mm x 115 mm


2 comments:

  1. This is definitely a favourite of mine, so pretty in every way vicky. Hope you're keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandie, I'm going to have fun with this die! I've bought a few double-sided papers to experiment with!

    ReplyDelete