CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, 28 May 2012

Roses are red...


 
Gosh, I have been busy crafting this last couple of weeks!

Above is a cute card I made featuring the Marianne Design Creatables LR00145 flower set die. Would you believe it took AGES to make as I found the roses a little fiddly to put together (I'm all fingers and thumbs some days) but I am really happy with the result. I used the Spellbinders Labels 8 nesting dies to create the frame border.

I also made the following couple of cards on behalf of my good friend, Debbie. I stamped the flowers onto white card then coloured them with pink Copics and fussy cut them. The flower vase I created on the computer after yet more fiddling around. I rolled my 'script' stamp across part of the card first with pale green Versa Color Chalk Ink then added a strip of white and hot pink ribbon and foam mounted the flowers and vase. A rather simple card, but a pretty one I think.


My next card features one of my favourite dies, the Lacé Dots Rosette. When used with double-sided paper this die creates a wonderful intricate pattern and it's great for mounting onto coodrinating papers. I used my Cottage Cutz butterfly die, which again is rather fiddly as all the pieces are die-cut individually then glued together. Still, it's a pretty butterfly that sits quite nicely in the centre of the rosette.


Well thanks for looking.
Please check back soon as I'll have my next project for Cardmaking Online uploaded on 4 June :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi there Vicky wow you are busy little bee indeed just love these - all of them!
    Mm, roses is red might be my fav. but do love the simplicity of the get well one sometimes remember Ikki's word of more is less (my first blog I ever found) If time do check her out her crafty cupboard is very, very educational!
    see:
    http://ikkiscuttlebugcupboard.blogspot.com.au/

    ...and the other is a variation of the one you did on our blog love pink and taupe together too! great work thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, lovely selection of cards even though the roses are fiddly they look fantastic.
    The Get Well card is very dainty and sure to put a smile on some-ones face.
    Love your lacé card and the butterfly is gorgeous, well worth all the extra work.

    ReplyDelete