Hello fellow bloggers!
Here are a couple of cards I have made on behalf of Cardmaking Online. I have made two cards both of which feature the Luxury Card Layer Ivory Circle Frame. These frames are so versatile and they are available in a wide range of styles so they lend themselves to a variety of projects. They are ivory in colour - I chose to use them in their original colour, however you could easily colour-coordinate them to match your project using glimmer mist, perfect pearls or perhaps blending ink around the edges. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some instructions and photos for the cards I have made...All the products I used are available on the Cardmaking Online website. Please click on each link to take you to the relevant item.
1. Cut a piece of cerise Papicolor card to 135 mm square then emboss it using your Cuttlebug Machine (or other die cutting machine) and the Craft Concepts spring flowers embossing folder.
2. Round the edges of each corner with a corner rounder.
3. Die-cut a circle out of the same card using using a Nestabilities large circle die (I used the 60 mm diameter die). With the die-cut still in the die run it through your die-cutting machine again this time with an embossing mat. This will emboss the edges of the circle.
4. Remove the die-cut from the die then emboss the die-cut again using the spring flowers embossing folder as per step one.
5. Use a gold metallic gel pen to dab a spot of colour to the centre of each flower on both pieces of embossed card then wipe the edges with metallic gold ink as shown in photograph one. Set aside to dry.
6. Carefully lift off 14 holographic butterfly stickers from their backing sheet and stick them onto a piece of acetate. I used the two largest butterflies and a selection of medium and small butterflies in my design. TIP: Use a craft knife to carefully lift off the stickers from their backing sheet and place them onto the acetate as it's a lot less fiddly than using your fingers!
7. Carefully trim around the edges of each butterfly using decoupage scissors.
8. The next step is to mount all your pieces onto the white base card. Start by using double-sided tape to adhere the square cerise card to the white base card and then adhere the Luxury Card Layer ivory circle frame to the centre of the cerise card. Refer photograph one for placement.
9. Use foam squares to mount your embossed circle to the right-hand side of the frame. Use a craft knife to carefully lift off your sentiment from its backing sheet and position this onto the embossed circle as per photograph two.
10. Finally, arrange your butterflies onto your card and once you are happy with your arrangement apply a small amount of Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots glue underneath the body of each butterfly to adhere them to your card. Once the glue is dry gently fold back the wings of your buttierflies to creat a 3D effect, as per photograph three.
Your card is now complete.
And here is my second card featuring the same card layer frame... This time I have die cut the centre of the card layer to showcase the pretty floral frame. Again instructions on how I made this card can be found below.
Doodle Hearts Card
1. Use double-sided tape to adhere a piece of 135 mm square purple Papicolor card to a 140 mm square linen card.
2. Use your Cuttlebug Machine (or other die cutting machine) and a Nestabilities large circle die to die-cut the entire centre of the luxury card layer frame (I used and 85mm diameter die). TIP: Be sure to position your die exactly in the centre of the frame and secure the die to the card with low tac removable tape to prevent it from slipping as you run it through your die-cutting machine.
3. Apply glue to the reverse of the frame using a glue pen then adhere the frame to the centre of the purple card as shown in photograph one. TIP: Use the glue sparingly to avoid it from seeping through the die-cut pattern.
4. Carefully lift off four gold doodle hearts peel-off stickers from their backing sheet (two large and two small) and position them inside the frame as shown in photograph two.
5. Lift off four gold mini ornament peel-off stickers from their backing sheet and position one inside each corner of the card as shown in photograph three.
6. Position a gold holographic line peel-off sticker to all four eges of the purple card as shown below.
Your card is now complete.
Well thanks so much for looking. Please be sure to check back here soon for my next project :)