Here's a cute birthday card I made for a friend over the weekend. It features a tea time topper - designed by Dawn Bibby (my papercraft hero) and some cute Craftwork Cards card candy. The ribbon I actually recycled from one of my tops. You know how you often get ribbon stitched into the shoulders of new tops to help them stay on coat hangers? Well, I always cut the ribbon out so I can use ít in my card designs. I have a whole bag full of little cut-offs, which are often the perfect colour and length for cardmaking.
I've included a materials list and method for creating this card below.
Topper: Dawn Bibby tea time
Card: White pearlised card
Paper: American Crafts chocolate weave, Kanban chic dots pink
Ink pads: Versa Magic Chalk Ink in white and sahara sand
Tools: Fiskars border punch and paper trimmer
Adhesives: Double-sided tape and foam pads
Other: Craftwork Cards card candy in chocolate and marshmallow, chocolate coloured ribbon
1. Cut white pearlised card to 150mm (w) x 155mm (l), chocolate weave paper to 115mm x 155mm and two pieces of chic dots paper to 35mm x 155mm.
2. Apply white Versa Magic Chalk Ink to the edges of the chocolate weave paper, and sahara sand ink to both pieces of chic dots paper.
3. Punch one edge of each piece of paper and adhere to the white pearlised card as shown.
4. Cut a length of the ribbon and tie it around the topper about 1/3 from the bottom. Fix the topper to the centre of the card using foam pads.
5. Finish the card with a bow to the top left hand corner and affix one chocolate and two marshmallow candy card to the right hand side of the card using small foam pads.